Thursday, June 9, 2011

Asamushi Aquarium

This aquarium is in Aomori.  It was much more than I was expecting.  One thing that I've noticed while being here in Japan, is that a lot more thing fly here, than would in the U.S. The Dolphin show was awesome, but the tanks are really small compared to other dolphin shows I've been to.  It was really fun to watch.  It was all about the dolphins, and not so much of a dance/costume performance like the one at Sea World.  There were sharks, huge sea turtle, and a place where kids could touch star fish and other things.  It was a great day trip.

The first thing that you see when you walk in, is this Tank with huge sea turtles in it.


Some of the translations on Japanese signs here are stinking hilarious...actually a lot are.  This is one of the examples.  It says "Please do not grow a hand in a fence".  Ok...I'll make sure not to do that.

This tunnel has small sharks and enormous rays.

Here is a sting ray.  It was huge!

We found Nemo and Dory several times.


This is the tank for the dolphin show.  You can see 2 dolphin doing flips in the background.

This is the hands on exhibit where the kids can touch different sea animals.