So we got to this Statue of Liberty Park today, and right when we did it, started to rain. Aden asked if we were going to go home. I told him "no way, I didn't drive all that way just to go home". This was a great opportunity to teach my kids the lesson that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we react to it. We can either let the rain ruin our time, or have a good attitude and go have fun in the rain. I packed up all three kids on the stroller and we had a great, soaking wet, memorable, muddy old time. I love making memories, and the less ideal the situation, I think the more memorable it can be.
 |
| The Japanese Statue of Liberty |
 |
| This park was really beautiful and green. |
 |
| On the steps in front of Lady Liberty. |
 |
| I may be in Japan but, "I'm proud to be an american, where at least I know I 'm free...and I won't forget the men who died and gave that right to me..." Sorry, I'm proud to be American. |
 |
| There were large and small ponds all over the park. |
 |
| When it started pouring, I just covered the kids up and ran through it. We even had a picnic under the overhang outside of the bathroom while it poured all around us. It was definately memorable. |
 |
| This is a long roller slide that was there. We gave up trying to stay dry at this point, and just had fun while getting soaking wet. |
 |
| My soggy kids. |
 |
| A common thing at the parks here is a zip line. This one was over a mud puddle, so it was extra exciting. |
 |
| Aden forgot to pick his feet up..... |
 |
| .......hence the mud splashed face. |
 |
| Even Lincoln wanted to go on the zip line. He thinks he is one of the big kids. |
 |
| Aisley asked if she could make a mud castle. |
 |
At the end, we were so wet that I let the kids splash and play in the puddles of the parking lot. They loved it!
|