Friday, May 27, 2011

Aviation and Science Museum

This museum was amazing!! It is really close to base too. I really can't say enough to do this place justice. It had one incredible activity after another. Everything is hands on for the kids. Each exhibit also gives and explanation in enlish of the science principle that they are learning. I was blown away by this place. The best part was that it was only $5 for me to get in and the kids were all free! It seems like many of the places here in Japan are like that. They are either free or really cheap. This museum was huge and state of the art and had many employees. The sad but really cool part for us was that we were practically the only ones there. There was one other Japanese couple with a young boy and that's it. Many of the activities that we did were things that you would expect to pay extra for in an American museum of comparison (things like flight simulators, and blasting off to the ceiling in an air powered rocket, ....). If any friends or family come to visit us; I want to take you here.

This is like a helicoptor simulator where they spun around while pushing buttons, and there were blades above them that rotated.
This is to teach the concept of gravity and how it always pulls down, regardless of the position you are in.



Aden loves Science, so he was having a great time.

This is a bunch of plastic needles that you could poke to make shapes.


Here are the kids on the other side, push in the pins. Lincoln loved it!


I really wish I took more pictures. This place was amazing. I'm sure we will be back many times. We had to rush through to be able to see everything.