We moved to Japan February 24, 2011. We were so excited for all of the traveling that we would do, and all of the new things that we would see. We were so hopeful and optimistic after moving from Tucson, AZ. Don't get me wrong, it was fine there. We met some great friends and have many great memories there, but we pretty much did everything possible within a 3 mile radius. Plus there are no seasons. I missed seasons. Christian and I are both very adventurous, and so we were just ready to move on to our next adventure....our first place we've lived overseas. Well...things didn't go exactly as planned. March 11th Japan had a 9.0 earthquake/Tsunamis/Nuclear Disaster. It's a long story, with many exciting details, but I'm trying to catch up on blogging, so won't go into it here. Needless to say, our plans were put on hold. I ended up evacuating with the kids on the 24th for exactly a month. They didn't have the nuclear reactor situation under control yet, and we didn't have our household goods in Japan yet. We decided it was for the best. I had a great time with the kids basically traveling all over Utah and spending time with my family and friends during this month (Remember, I thought I wouldn't see anyone for 4 years, so this was a second chance). The evacuation flights alone are quite the story as well, that I won't go into here. I will definitely remember traveling those flights by myself with 3 small kids for the rest of my life, though.
Now I am back and I am so excited!!! We got our stuff finally, and are settled in. Spring is in full bloom (which is amazinly beautiful after living in Tucson!), and we have started exploring. I want to start keeping a record of all of the places we get to experience while we live here in Japan, so I will become a more dedicated blogger starting now. Here we go....Life for the Colemans in Japan!!!
Now I am back and I am so excited!!! We got our stuff finally, and are settled in. Spring is in full bloom (which is amazinly beautiful after living in Tucson!), and we have started exploring. I want to start keeping a record of all of the places we get to experience while we live here in Japan, so I will become a more dedicated blogger starting now. Here we go....Life for the Colemans in Japan!!!